We invest in our people by supporting a dynamic, high-performing workplace. Our collaborative approach to patient care includes a commitment to provide an exceptional experience for patients and their families. Spectrum Health supports successful career growth, in an innovative environment.
- Develop designs, supporting procedures, and other materials to achieve required service levels.
- Integrate component designs in response to customer requirements.
- Assess support incidents and initiate appropriate design change as needed.
- Assess component builds for completeness, correctness, and suitability to purpose.
- Develop technical approaches to solutions based on available designs; recommend new designs as needed.
- Conduct targeted technology and methodology R&D.
- Build solutions consistent with approved designs, test them, and then deliver them (in) to production.
- Migrate component implementations to updated designs.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate component inventories that identify targets for operational procedures.
- Execute Operational Maintenance in accordance with established procedures.
- Resolve incidents in accordance with best practices and established procedures.
- Identify and recommend solutions for systemic production problems.
- Design, develop, and implement monitoring systems and protocols to capture service level outcomes.
- Provide next-level support for systems and solutions.
- Working with vendor support to resolve issues.
- Provide resource, time, and cost estimates for provisioning, operation, and technical support.
- Provided feedback on the provisional, operational, and support effectiveness of designs and team methodologies.
- Identify and define processes, artifacts, and methods for provisional, operational and support proficiency, growth, and mentoring.
- Assess activity and outputs for conformance with defined provisional, operational, and support processes, artifacts, and methods.
- Mentor junior staff for provisional, operational, and support technical proficiency and growth.
- Work in compliance with approved standards and best practices.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- 5-6 years supporting SharePoint 2010, 2007, 2003.
- Extensive administration experience in SharePoint 2010 a must.
- Windows 2008R2, SQL Server experience a must.
- Working knowledge of firewalls and load balancers needed.
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, enterprise environment where attention to detail is normal.5 to 8 years experience troubleshooting on Windows and/or Linux.
- 5 to 8 years experience of server and software administration.
- Willing to work nights and weekends on a rotational basis as needed.
- Ability to speak English well enough to be understood by clients, co-workers and the public.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline preferred.
- 5 to 8 years experience with Windows Server 2008R2 and Linux/Unix and broad experience in Active Directory and Citrix Metaframe.
- 5 to 8 years experience in creating batch, Visual Basic and other forms of scripting.
- 5 to 8 years full-time experience in an enterprise IT environment.
- 5+ year's full-time experience in a related infrastructure technology field (e.g. Server, Storage, Network, Telecom, Database, Security, etc).
- Experience with vendor applications; Facets, Lawson, CCMS, TM1, Onbase, Websphere, Business Objects, Apache, Sitecore, Squid, Glassfish, Google Search Appliances and Impact Pro.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with technical architecture concepts