Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Implementation Specialist - Duluth, GA
The Implementation Specialist (IS) is part of a team of associates involved in customer engagements (projects).
For new installations, this involves the setup of the hardware, installation of the operating systems, installation and configuration of all related software, and documentation of the customer’s system configuration. In addition, the IS would be responsible for training the customer’s system administrators on the technical aspects of the solution, and supporting the customer during the execution of their Customer Test Plan, and early production periods to ensure that all systems are functioning properly.
For existing systems, the IS would be involved in defining and executing the proper technical implementation plan associated with expanding the system for additional volumes, adding new capture or delivery applications, and upgrading or replacing existing hardware/software components. Since these systems are used within production, careful planning and coordination of any required system downtime is a must.
The IS is responsible for documenting the changes made the customer’s hardware/software configuration. This will also include re-location/expansion strategies of capabilities across many sites in which the systems are installed. As the IS position is more of a technical generalist and a member of a team, each team member brings specific technical expertise to the overall capabilities of the team.
The goal of this position is to bring a specific expertise to the team, but grow your knowledge in all other areas of the team to become a well-rounded technical generalist. For this position, NCR is looking for experience in Oracle and MS SQL Server. Support skillsets in MS Windows and UNIX (preferably AIX) environments, with a strong aptitude for learning new technical and system integration type skills. As such, the incumbent would be bring expert level skills in the following:
· Capacity and Performance Planning for new and existing Oracle and MS SQL Server installations.
· Setup and Installation of Oracle and MS SQL Server software.
· Troubleshooting, finding root cause, and resolving performance issues.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Extensive travel (50-65%) with some weekend and overnight system upgrades required in projects involving upgrades to current production systems.
· Provide technical guidance to consultants and implementation requirements.
· Database analysis for existing and new customers.
· Gather customer requirements and maintain Oracle and MS SQL Server.
· Design, implementation and support for Oracle.
· Design and implementation for database backup and recovery.
· Database software upgrades and data migration from previous versions.
· Data migration and conversion (from legacy into DB, mapping and merging, non-partitioned to partitioned and vice versa).
4+ years of experience in MS platform (Windows and/or Unix Operating Systems, AIX preferred).
4+ years of experience in Oracle/Sequel Server Database.
4+ years MS platform (windows and/or Unix operating systems preferable AIX)
Proficiency with Oracle, including database manipulation, backup/recovery procedures, performance tuning disaster recovery options and standard SQL scripting.
NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia. Software Engineer II’s are responsible for the design, development and implementation of software for new and existing programs. They will interact daily with other team members to ensure that a quality product is delivered in a timely manner.