E-mail Mike.Foster@rightthinginc.com for more information!!
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Builds strong relationships with the assigned business units and the IT teams that support those business units. Acts as a liaison between IT and the business unit leaders. Manages the day-to-day relationship between the IT organization and the business stakeholders that depends on the IT organization to provide them with technology solutions and support. Communicates the status of IT initiatives, projects and operational performance to the business unit(s) he or she supports. Maintains a balanced perspective and reduces emotional reaction among IT or company employees during high-stress problem/crisis situations and keeps everyone focused on the primary objectives and critical tasks at hand.
Manages the process of collecting, analyzing, reviewing, documenting, and communicating business needs and requests to the IT organization. Manages the expectations of business users. Negotiates deliverables and timing across multiple stakeholders. Leads the prioritization of business requests. Facilitates efforts within the IT organization to develop cost effective, innovative solutions. Reviews all technical and functional designs for specific systems. Monitors technology solutions development, implementation and delivery. Develops and maintains technology roadmaps for key applications and infrastructure that are critical to the business.
Leads the development and on-going maintenance of service level agreements with the business units to establish joint accountability. Leads monthly IT Service Review meetings with the business units to review operational performance and validate that services measured and target goals set are still relevant. For Severity level 1, 2, or 3 incidents, communicates status updates to the business unit leaders as required. Initiates a service improvement program when IT operational performance is not meeting business unit expectations that may include documenting chronic issues and associated business impact, scheduling meetings with IT resources to determine and plan options to resolve the issues, and escalating to IT Leadership.
Assists the business unit in developing business cases, identifying needed IT resources and coordinating the effort to obtain IT hours estimates to ensure all IT areas are accounted for. Participates in commissioned, discretionary, and run the business projects in a variety of roles as needed.
Decision MakingExercises latitude in fulfilling responsibilities and determining technical objectives of assignments. Work is performed with minimal direction and supervision required.
Education & Knowledge RequiredBachelor's degree and 8 + years relevant work experience.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- 8 - 10 years experience in Information Technology.
- Strong ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to work effectively with multiple business and IT stakeholders.
- Requires business process expertise and technical understanding of IT and impact on the business.
- Dedication and commitment to top-quality service and to meeting customer expectations.
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) certification is a plus.
- Strong perspective, understanding, and sensitivity towards company business issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong relationship-building skills.
- Results-oriented leadership and facilitation capabilities.
- Creativity and flexibility in analytical skills to facilitate leveraging solutions for a win-win outcome.
- Speed and responsiveness in the resolution of issues.
- Natural leadership ability and strong work ethic.
Harland Clarke is a leading provider of best-in-class integrated payment solutions, marketing services, security services, and retail products. It provides integrated solutions for financial institutions; investment firms; business-to-business clients; individual consumers; and small, medium and large businesses serving multiple industries. Harland Clarke's clients range in size from major financial institutions and corporate brands to micro-businesses and individual consumers. Within its payment solutions business, Harland Clarke provides products and services to nearly 15,000 banks and credit unions. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, the company employs more than 4,500 people nationwide and operates manufacturing and contact center facilities in multiple states and communities.